Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fallon turns 7.

I'm not even sure how I can possibly have a 7 year old for multiple reasons. I'm just not sure how I can possibly be old enough to have a 7 year old! I'm surprised that I am able to keep a human being alive that long seeing as I can't even figure out to keep a plant alive! So it turns out its easier to raise a human rather than a plant.

Really I'm still in shock that he will be 7 tomorrow. It's just crazy how much he has taught me and how much we have grown together. Not a day goes by where he does test my patience or push my buttons but not a day goes by where he doesn't make me a better person/mother. He is so silly and he doesn't even know how funny he is. Which makes him so much more funny. I wish I could look at life the way he does sometimes.

Tonight as he was laying down I got into bed with him (which I try and do a few nights a week but I want to work on doing it every night) which is such a special and sweet time to talk with him and reflect on different parts of the day or life. Tonight we talked about how he would be turning 7 tomorrow and he told me that he didn't want to turn 7 tomorrow. I asked him why and he said he didn't like the number and wanted to stay 6. I explained to him how I didn't like getting older either but it's nothing we can control and how we shouldn't focus on things that were out of our control but put the energy into the positive. Of course he just nodded his head like his 7 year old self cared about my hippie positive peace and love mumbo jumbo. I said Fallon what age would you like to be and he thought for a minute and came back with 43. It was everything in me to it die laughing right then but I said well 7 is one more year closer to 43, just 36 more years to go. He smiled his devilish smirk and looked content to be 7.

Happy birthday Fallon Gunnar Stonewall Asbury-Cornett! I look forward to meeting 43 year old you! ( no rush though I look forward to all the nights you let me lay in bed and talk with you)

No comments:

Post a Comment